X-Cite offers a wide range of Lamp and LED light sources for fluorescence microscopy applications. X-Cite Lamp Illuminators provide the convenience of pre-aligned, long-life, high-intensity LED illumination featuring intuitive controls and no bulbs to install, making set-up and operation simpler than ever. And that's not all that makes the case for LED illumination solutions.
• No flicker
• No warm up time / delay
• Slower intensity degradation over time
• Better than 1% stability without active feedback control
• Better repeatability than arc lamps
• LED (X-Cite® XYLIS) now matches the optical output of a lamp!
• >10,000 hours
• Preliminary studies have shown that cells proliferate better and show less photoxicity after imaging with a LED system vs. mercury lamp
• 69% less than mercury lamp
• LEDs do not run continuously and can be turned ON and OFF instantaneously
Cost of Ownership
• Reduce operating costs by $1700/year!
• Savings on replacement lamps, light guides, electricity
• Zero mercury
• Reduce energy consumption by 84%
X-Cite ® has grown to be the industry standard in fluorescence illumination which first originated with Lumen Dynamics and then acquired by Excelitas in 2013. Known for its exceptional stability and superior illumination uniformity, X-Cite offers a wide range of Lamp and LED light sources for fluorescence microscopy applications.
Serving OEM medical and diagnostic applications such as endoscopy, surgical visualization and headlamp systems, the X-Cite VitaeTM product family offers high-performance LED illumination solutions with custom design capabilities to meet the unique requirements of many customers.
Contact Us to Discuss Your Specific Needs
Please submit your request and one of our representatives will contact you shortly.